Getting Ready For The Juice Feast
A few days prior to your juice feast, we will prepare your body to go deeper, faster & release more toxins when it is started. Here are some guidelines that will prepare you nicely for your 3-Day juice feast!
- Eliminate refined sugar including alcohol prior & during your feast. No fast food or junk food, please. Please start reading the ingredients in everything you buy next time you are in the grocery store. The biggest misconception is foods labelled as “Fat-Free”. It usually means they’re loaded with sugar.
- Eliminate wheat and all gluten products. Choose quinoa or rice instead. Clean complex carbs only, please.
- Eliminate coffee. What!? We are going to give your adrenal glands a rest too. I am a big advocate in having all your adrenal organ performing at optimal levels. The same way alcohol affects the liver is the same way caffeine affects your adrenals. People who can drink coffee & go to bed in less than an hour, have a poor functioning adrenal gland. This puts stress on other organs to work extra hard to compensate for the lagging adrenal. You may drink green tea (only if absolutely necessary) during this process to ease the caffeine withdrawals which will are sometimes headaches & irritability. Another great drink to have during the day is lemon in hot water with some ginger. Very alkalizing and organ detoxifying. Herbal teas are absolutely fine.
- No Milk or Dairy. “Milk does a body good” was a slogan in the 80s/90s. Back when I was a kid, cows roamed free and were happy social cows. Nowadays there are some dairy farmers (not all) have cows that never see the sun. In this day and age milk is loaded with antibiotics & steroids fed to the cow to make it produce the maximum amount of milk. Essentially a super cow that takes mom’s natural milk and turns it into a chemical concoction.
- Take your vitamins as normal & medications as prescribed. If you are on any dietary restrictions due to health-related issues please consult your doctor before starting any cleanse.
- Soak in the tub with bath salts & essential oils. Close your eyes & deep breath. 3-4seconds inhale, 4-5 seconds exhale. Shut your mind off and breathe. This helps restore your body’s inner balance. Detoxing is not only for your organs but also for your mind.
- Keep a water bottle with you at all times. Aim for 2L per day. More the better. Water is the greatest natural resource on earth! More water you drink the better your kidneys will function.